Remember that Rotary International requires at least 50% attendance – which can be boosted with “makeup” activities. Here are three ways to makeup missed meetings:
A. Attend another Rotary meeting anywhere in the world! Just bring back a “receipt” from that club’s secretary and you will get both a meeting “makeup” credit and a credit on your invoice for weekly club dues. For some local options check our Area Rotary Clubs on the main menu.
B. Get involved!
1) Participate in a club service project: The Temecula Challenger, Temecula Special Games, 4th of July Parade… all these types of club activities generate a makeup!
2) Attend a club committee meeting, such as the International committee, the Membership team, or an event committee like the one working on the Triathlon. Listen for club announcements to find out dates & times.
3) Attend a club Board meeting. They’re open to all members.
4) Invite our International Exchange Student to an outing: dinner with your family, a sporting event, amusement park, museum or other local tourist attraction, the beach... be creative! The exchange students are interested in all aspects of daily American life and the more Rotarians they get to know, the better!
C. Do a Make-up On-line… Here is a step-by-step guide: Go to the “Rotary E Club One” web site: www.rotaryeclubone.org
- There is a man that comes on-screen that explains what the site is all about. Then he will disappear (maybe 30 seconds) and you click “make up programs.”
- Look at articles or videos, until you see one you are interested in. There are many choices.
- Click on that article, read it and take notes on what you read, I usually do a little outline.
- Most of the time I read the article twice because you really should spend about 30 minutes on the make up process. You can also choose more than one article if you would like to cover your 30 min. At the end of the program, you can evaluate up to 3 articles in one session. So you can read and ponder one article twice, or choose 3 individual articles if you wish. Just make sure you are on the site at least 30 minutes.
- After you read the articles and take notes, click on “request make up form.”
- The prompt will ask you if you want to make a donation to E Club One. Click yes or no.
- Click “here to submit box.”
- Click the “request make up form” box again.
- Fill out prompts, 3 pages, name, club district, vocation, etc.
- Then there is a box that asks you what you learned about the article that you could share with fellow Rotarians in your home club. This is where I put in the notes I took earlier. Several other boxes come up on page 3 questions like, how can we improve the site? What did you like most? And Suggested Future topics you would like to see.
- Now you are done. Just fill out the line that asks where you want the make up to go. I just send it to my own email address and print, and bring to Kim at club meeting. But you can also send direct to the club Secretary by club email address