The Rotary Club of Temecula Scholarship Program provides financial help to students in the local community of Southwest Riverside County.
The program targets High School seniors who plan to enroll in full time undergraduate study for the entire academic year at a two-year community college, college, university, or vocational/trade school. Scholarship recipients’ eligibility is determined based upon on their service work in the community. Other important criteria include academic record, honors, work experience, and personal goals and aspirations stated in the application. Unusual personal or family circumstances are also considered. (For example: a life-threatening illness, a personal tragedy or acute financial need would be considered.)
The Scholarship Action Committee will award scholarships that are up to $1000 each. (The amount and/or number of awards may change every year based on club fundraising efforts.)
This scholarship program is administered by The Rotary Club of Temecula Scholarship Action Committee. The committee is comprised of local business owners, employees of local companies, and/or officers of local non-profit organizations.
Application Period and Notification of Winners
Applications from qualified individuals will be accepted between Janurary 15, 2015 and April 3, 2015. Winners will be notified by April 30, 2015. (A date will be announced for the award presentations).
Payment and Obligations
Payments will be paid directly to the grantee. Recipients shall update their contact information as it changes and current school status with the Rotary Club of Temecula Scholarship Action Committee during the applicable academic year.
The application process - Please read
- We prefer that you complete your application on-line, see the link below
The on-line application must be completed in one session. The following documents are required to be submitted with the application
- Current complete transcript of grades
- An Applicant Appraisal Form
- Download an application form for review before completing the online application. Click here to download the application form
- Download the Applicant Appraisal Form. This form must be completed by a high school counselor or a mentor (non-family member) and submitted with the application. Click here to download the Applicant Appraisal Form.
- Scan the Applicant Appraisal form and your transcript of grades to computer files to be uploaded with your application.
The Rotary Scholarship Action Committee reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make discretionary changes at any time.